Monday, April 25, 2011

Wine Dinners

I’ve been to plenty of dinners that feature wine, but I have never been to an official “wine dinner.”  You know- the kind that you pay for a meal that has been meticulously matched to specific wines by some expert, the kind of dinner that will cost at least $50 (and often a whole lot more than that!) because it has been prepared by some master chef and features some yummy wine.  Now that I consider myself a wine writer (wine blogger didn’t sound as cool to me), I decided that this situation is something that I need to remedy.  So, for the past month or so, I’ve been on the lookout for a dinner to come along that was both affordable and that featured some intriguing wines, and I finally found one!  I know that I give Wally’s Wine nothing but praise and here comes some more.  My first ever wine dinner will be at their store and will feature wines to be paired with In N Out burger!  The dinner, on the cheap side of the wine dinner range (only $30) will let me try 15 different wines made by 3 different wineries with a Double-Double from In N out. 
I enjoy fancy, three course meals, but I rarely like them when they have set menus, so the simplicity and the deliciousness of the In N Out Dinner was immediately appealing to me.  I was also drawn to this particular dinner because two of the three winemakers will be presenting their wines in person, which is always a bonus, but especially so in this case because I’ll be interested to hear exactly why these wine makers thought that In N Out burger would make a good partner for their wine. 
I’ll have to report back about the experience after I go to the dinner, but I already have to say that I’d recommend the experience to any wine lover.  In my searching for a suitable wine dinner, I found dinners that featured everything from the perfect wine for pizza to chili, and ice cream to sushi.  If you have the money, you can even go upscale and try some of the best wines in the world at these dinners.  Looking at the economics side of things, going out to dinner these days is fairly expensive, especially if you buy a bottle of wine at a restaurant, so why not wrap the dinner and the wine into one predetermined cost so you can know what you are going to be paying and stay within budget for the evening without having to make sacrifices once you get to the restaurant?  Anyway, I’m excited for my first wine dinner and I will let you know how In N Out’s Double-Double partners with some of Central California’s best wines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment